KLEN 899 is a highly effective organic deposit remover. The product does not cause corrosion cracking in stainless steel and is safe on metals such as mild steel, copper alloys, aluminium and zinc during cleaning operations.
KLEN 899 is specially formulated for stainless steel and galvanized equipment whereby use of hydrochloric acid may cause stress corrosion cracking.
Areas of Use
Use on all water treatment systems consisting of stainless steel or galvanized steel.
• Mild acid for safe yet effective de-scaling.
• High concentration for economical use.
Directions for Use
– Dilute KLEN 899 with water in portion 1:10 or 1:20 depending on severity of organic deposit.
– Circulate solution through equipment to be cleaned for about 2 to 4 hours. Clear colour changes to greenish when acid is exhausted. However, change may be masked by coloration due to iron oxides, organic matter and copper that may be present in water.
– Carbon dioxide and hydrogen may be released during descaling process. Thus, ensure ventilation and avoid open flames.
Corrosive liquid! A pair of suitable gloves should be worn when using product. Ingestion and eye contact is to be avoided. Wash affected areas with plenty of water.